Big Inspiring Goal or Vision
Be acknowledged as the best stand-alone academic public health program in the world and the alma mater of the most influential leaders in public health.
- Enhance teaching and learning.
- Conduct meaningful research.
- Enhance faculty expertise.
- Nurture alumni and donor relationships.
- Prepare students to enter graduate school and the workforce.
- To enhance teaching and learning, we will:
- Establish a state-of-the-art curriculum that addresses national standards and is responsive to stakeholder needs.
- Address accreditation recommendations as appropriate.
- Provide and promote global study abroad and internship experiences.
- Create mentored learning experiences through our research labs (e.g. environmental, HBO, mental health, family health).
- Maintain best practices in curricular delivery including attention to manageable class sizes and courses taught by fulltime faculty.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date communication system for current and potential students that includes a website, social media channels, and electronic newsletter.
- Explore department name change.
- To conduct meaningful research, we will:
- Involve graduate and undergraduate students in mentored research activities.
- Pursue internal and external funding for research.
- To enhance faculty expertise, we will:
- Create and maintain an applicant pool through which future faculty members might be recruited.
- Support conference attendance and professional development leaves as appropriate.
- Support faculty release time for course and professional development opportunities.
- To nurture alumni and donor relationships, we will:
- Create and maintain an alumni database.
- Host an alumni event to link current students with professionals.
- Develop flyers of our initiatives for donor presentations.
- Continue efforts to establish endowments to support student scholarships.
- To prepare students to enter graduate school and the workforce, we will:
- Help students complete a high quality culminating experience (e.g., internship).
- Promote the annual career fair and advocate for additional representation from public health related organizations and agencies.
- Host regular events that connects current students with working professionals and alumni.
- Help students successfully obtain national certifications (e.g., CHES, CPH, etc.).
- Create a library of graduate program materials in order to raise awareness.
- Students participating in the global study abroad and internship experiences.
- Creation and participation in research labs.
- Participation rates in social media and website.
- Students involved in conference presentations and publications.
- Faculty presentations and publications in high quality venues (productivity index).
- Faculty funding awards and other recognitions.
- Funding received through donors.
- Students matriculating in graduate programs or entering the public health workforce.
- Students successfully completing certification exams.